2007+ MERCEDES SPRINTER VAN NCV3 &VS30 144 ONLY
OWL VANS SPRINTER SIDE STEPS
- The most anticipated product ever. Side steps, nerf bars, rock sliders, running boards have many names, but they can be one of the most functional parts of your van regardless of what you call them. There are a lot of critical design criteria that go into a good side step.
- Design: The shape of our sides steps was carefully considered to offer the optimal blend of function and protection. We went big with the front step as it is the most used. Then the side steps taper back toward the rear of the van. This tapered design allows the van to more easily navigate tight terrain and not get hung up on rocks, logs etc. Additionally, we extended the driver's side step almost all the way down the van to offer additional rocker protection and storage.
- Works for Revel and Storyteller: While these steps are easily installed on Sprinter 144" vans (170" coming soon), we also designed them to install easily to the existing brackets that come on Revel and Storyteller. This means you can upgrade your Revel or Storyteller (coming soon) without having to drop water tanks etc. When ordering simply select your model of van and we will include the appropriate brackets to bolt right to the factory brackets on your van. *Revel and Storyteller will require moving the front OEM brackets rearward slightly.
- Size Matters - Vans are big vehicles, and if you're anything like us, you're always trying to squeeze your van down tight trials. Clearance is why we wanted a side step that was high and tight, as they say. We purposely build these side steps to be narrower than most on the market. You're much less likely to get your side steps hung up on a rock or other obstacle.
- Getting In and Out - Getting in and out of the van is the primary use of a side step. We put a lot of focus on this function during the design process. We purposely made them narrow to work on the trail, but we also added a removable tread plate to the top of the step. This tread plate not only looks cool but is incredibly functional. Our tread plate adds an upturned lip instead of the edge of the side step falling away from your foot like most tubular steps. This lip catches the shoe entering and exiting the vehicle, and the traction in dry or wet weather is instantly noticeable. As a bonus, we designed it to be a boot cleaner to scrape off dirt, mud, and snow before entering the van. The folks here with test units have fallen in love with this design.
- Mountability - Because vans are small and quality gear is expensive, we design multiple functions into almost every part we build. The side steps are laser cut with our signature "Sherpa" hole pattern to mount additional gear. Rotopax, Shovels, jacks, you get to choose your own adventure.
- Aesthetics - Side steps can change the look of a van in both a good and a bad way. We hope you love our new Sprinter Side Steps' clean industrial lines and modular look! We pushed our design teams to include all the above functional improvements while making a beautiful step. We understand this is all subjective, but the team accomplished their goal if the response so far is any indication.
- Pet Friendly - This is one of those items that many people don't think of before purchasing side steps. Since so many of us travel with our beloved furry friends, we thought it only appropriate to keep them top of mind as we designed this product. Pets don't wear shoes, so the top of the step must be comfortable for the pet's paws. Our steps are flat and without any sharp points that pets would step on, making it comfortable for them to use. The most important aspect of pets using side steps is the gap between the step and the van. Pets can be very excited when returning from a big hike or leaving on that next big adventure. Unfortunately, the pet's legs can slide into the gap between the step and the van while entering. We have seen countless dogs break their legs in this scenario. It is hard to talk about but important to think about when purchasing steps.
100% NEW IN BOX
MADE IN USA
TIG WELDED ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION (WITH A STEEL TREAD PLATE)
POWDER-COATED BLACK (DUAL-LAYER POWDER)
THESE ARE NOT INTENDED AS STRUCTURAL SLIDERS AND YOU CANNOT JACK UP THE VEHICLE ON THEM
RIVNUT TOOL NEEDED FOR DIY KIT AND STO
2007+ MERCEDES SPRINTER VAN NCV3 & VS30
If you're adding these to a finished custom-built van, installation may require dropping some water tanks, etc. Some relocation of brackets may be necessary to install.
PICKUP ONLY, CALL OR EMAIL FOR SHIPPING QUOTE